Yesterday was Travis and my 11th anniversary. To celebrate, we drove down to Las Vegas and left GraceAnn with Uncle Mark and Aunt Jennifer and had our first date since before she was born. It was so hard to leave her, although I knew she was in good hands. I was just hoping she wouldn't scream the whole time we were gone. But Jennifer said she was fine and only cried for about the last half hour. Jenn said Gracie would look at her and start to cry, or Jenn would talk to her and she would start to cry. Like, "You're not my mom!" Anyway, we really appreciate them keeping her for us, and it was fun to have a dinner date together. We almost don't recognize eachother any more.
Today was Mark's birthday, so we stayed over to celebrate with him today. This morning Jenn made crepes for breakfast and then this afternoon we went swimming.
GraceAnn had her first experience in a pool. I thought she would probably like it, because she really likes her baths, and she likes it when I stick her feet and legs under the faucet to rinse them off. But when I felt how cold the water was, I thought she probably wouldn't care much for it. I was wrong. She didn't care if it was cold. She likes the water. She laughed and smiled and only got fussy when she got tired. Though we only dipped her in a little way, it will be fun to take her as the summer progresses and the water gets warmer and she can splash and play.
No comments:
Post a Comment